Reflexology is a popular complementary treatment which uses a foot massage to relax the client and balance the body systems. It is also known as Zone therapy and has taken its influences from many cultures around the world sharing links with Acupuncture, Ayurveda and Chinese meridian therapies. Treatment allows the therapist to work with clients to address many common conditions caused by stress and allows clients to “Zone out” from busy schedules and learn to relax. This course is a good starting point for anyone interested in setting up in Complementary therapy providing all the training needed to become self employed or employed or is a good add on to any other qualification, allowing existing therapists to branch out.
- Helps with stress related conditions, headaches, tension, anxiety, depression and low spirit
- Relieves tension; relaxes muscular tension, back, shoulder and neck pain, improves gait and allows the body to heal itself etc.
- Reduces respiratory congestion; sinus pain, catarrh, hay fever, asthma, boosts the immune system
- Has been used with chronic conditions to alleviate long term pain; Arthritis, Rheumatism, FMS, ME etc.
- Has a balancing and regulating effect on hormonal conditions, used with; PMT, Infertility, Menopause and can be used during pregnancy (after the first trimester)
- Helps to reduce emotional stress, teaches people to relax, meditate, ideal with; separation, grieving, loss reduces negativity, and helps with other life changes
- Can improve general wellbeing, improve energy levels, aid sleep disturbances and insomnia, improves focus, attitude and concentration and spiritual outlook
You will learn:
- How to prepare for reflexology treatments; having the right set up, equipment and environment to give a professional service, comply with legislation, health and safety and other legal requirements
- How to prepare and work with clients; consult with and discuss personal issues, identify needs, and avoid risks, work with specific requirements/ conditions and adapt treatment to suit a variety of ranges and conditions
- Identify foot characteristics, shapes and recognize foot conditions, which affect walking standing and posture, give advise and help improve foot health.
- How to work identify the reflexes on the feet and hands and apply techniques which will give a stimulating, relaxing or uplifting effect. Explore a variety of different mediums and techniques.
- A suitable amount of theory including anatomy and physiology, history, background and development of reflexology and other related complementary therapies to understand the methodology of techniques and benefits to the client.
- Record treatments and reflect on your progress, provide aftercare, advice and home care to suit
Course requirements: minimum age 16 – no pre-requisites
- UV31268 Principles and practice of complementary therapies
- UV31267 Business practice for complementary therapies
- UV31299 Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology for complementary therapies
- Uv31302 Provide reflexology for complementary therapies
Guided Learning Hours – 296 hours
Tutor contact – 10 days
Case study hours – evidence of 100 treatments of which a minimum of 36 needs to be reflected as continuous home study
Assignments – 4 one for each of the above units
External Tests – 2 for Anatomy and physiology
Practical Assessments – 2 formative and 3 Summative
Saturday 6th October 2018
Saturday 10th November 2018
Saturday 8th December 2018
Saturday 12th January 2018
Saturday 9th February 2019
Saturday 9th March 2019
Saturday 6th April 2019
Saturday 11th May 2019
Saturday 8th June 2019
Saturday 13th July 2019
Location: Swallet Farm, Old Bristol Road, East Harptree, Somerset BS40 6DQ
Times: 9.30am – 5:30pm
Fee: £1300 plus VTCT fees £110
Total: £ 1410.00
Cost can be spread over monthly payments by prior agreement.
- 10 days tuition and assessments – including course notes and all materials needed for course.
- Assessment Book
Professional Qualification: VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology
- Light lunch and refreshments
- Ongoing support & advice
- Uniform for Client assessments
- Materials for Home practice