Explore the traditional techniques used to stimulate circulation, energy and hair growth. This workshop explores some massage techniques used in Indian Head Massage and Seated Swedish Massage styles, (which can be given over clothes).
The day also looks at the principle of Mindfulness exploring the benefit of using Relaxation through Meditation and Visualisation.
It includes using massage to release tension in the upper back, head and face – it can be used to:
Relieve neck tension
Improve energy levels or just to unwind.
You will learn:
- The background of Ayurveda- The role of Mindfulness
- The difference between Eastern and Western style massage
- The benefits of IHM massage- when not to give a treatment – contra indications
- Health and Safety-rules of safe treatment for self, friends And family – how to deal with the unexpected
- Self preparation/protection – best equipment/posture/Mediums (for hair only)
- Giving an easy to follow massage routine-to apply to back/head/face – and use on family on friends
- Techniques and pressure points to ease tension- relax and Experience a Meditation
A range of massage mediums will be available for sale
Course requirements: Open to everyone
Next Course Dates: Friday 31st May 2019
Location: Swallet Farm, Old Bristol Road, East Harptree, Somerset BS40 6DQ
Times: 9.45am – 4:00 pm
- 1 days tuition
- course notes
- all materials needed for course.
- 7 CPD HOURS – CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
- Light lunch and refreshments
- Ongoing support & advice